Fore! 8th Annual Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Golf Outing is a Swinging Success!
For the second year, the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare golf outing took place at The Grand Geneva Resort & Spa in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Once again, we were blessed with a beautiful day for more than 220 golfers for our 8th annual event. On June 23, 2014, golfers came to have fun and help raise more than $140,000 to benefit many programs and services including:
- All Saints Endowment Fund – Ensures that All Saints will continue to be a community asset in Racine, in helping to provide help, healing and hope when and where it matters most. The Fund creates sustainable funding All Saints to fulfill its mission, purpose and values to provide quality healthcare for all those served and be instrumental in the future health of Racine.
- Foundation for St. Francis and Franklin’s Dan Mattes Innovation and Technology Fund – In appreciation of Dan Mattes’ years of service and unwavering commitment to the Wheaton mission and ministry, this fund will provide support for innovations in medical systems, therapies, drugs and medical devices in order to enhance patient care throughout the Central Market and to ensure that hospitals remain at the forefront of cutting-edge advancements.
- Elmbrook Memorial Cardiac Care Fund – Supports the purchase of advanced cardiac technology and equipment, as well as programs for cardiac disease prevention and life-enhancing cardiac maintenance.
- St. Joseph’s Emergency Department – Provides the highest level service to over 85,000 individuals a year. Your support will ensure that all who visit this department will receive care with the best technology, service and comfort.
- Midwest Spine and Orthopedics Hospital and Wisconsin Heart Hospital Orthopedic Services Fund – Meeting the needs of those seeking surgery for spines, joints and general orthopedics, including inpatients with cardiac risks, this fund helps us expand our commitment to provide the community with surgical expertise, patient-friendly facility design, nationally recognized patient satisfaction and compassionate specialty care.
Golfers participated in many of our fun on-course events including a Beat-the-Nun competition and Bulls Eye, as well as our silent auction and “Heads or Tails” contest at dinner.
Following a great day of golf, guests were treated to a wonderful dinner and awards ceremony. Many Foundation friends attended the evening’s events, which featured a special presentation by John Oliverio, President and CEO of Wheaton. Thanks to everyone for making this event a success. We look forward to seeing you again next June!