Volunteers: The Heart & Soul of Our Healing Ministry
Volunteers bring a special, personal touch to patient care at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. They help bring our Mission to life by helping us provide exceptional and compassionate health care that promotes the dignity and well being of the people we serve. The way we live our Mission sets us apart. If this touches your heart, we encourage you to share your time and talents with us in service to others.
What do our volunteers do?
As a volunteer, you will make a difference for patients and our staff in countless ways. We match your skills and interests to a variety of activities that may include:
- Providing comfort and encouragement to patients
- Assisting with communion and other spiritual needs
- Making patients and visitors feel welcome by greeting them and helping them find their way
- Delivering joy with flowers and mail
- Helping in patient care areas
- Supporting hospice patients and their families
- Providing clerical and office support
- Working in the gift shop
- Helping with community outreach and fundraising
- Hospital Elder Life Program
- And, so much more
Volunteers are vital to our success
People of all faiths, backgrounds, and abilities join together to do this special work. You will be appreciated and valued as a welcome member of the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare family.
Becoming a volunteer
We have only a few requirements for serving as a volunteer:
- An open heart
- A warm, caring spirit
- The desire to give your time and talents in service to others
- Adult programs are open to those 18 and older willing to offer at least six months of service
- Student programs are open to those 14 – 17 years of age willing to offer 50 hours of service
- All volunteers must complete an application form, attend an orientation and receive a TB test
Find opportunities right in your community
Choose a hospital near you and see what we have to offer. We’d love to have you join us.