For information, guidance and support, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare has nurse specialists called Breast Care Coordinators who have expertise in breast health.
If you have a breast health concern or have been diagnosed with breast cancer, a Breast Care Coordinator can assist you to make well-informed decisions about your care. She will work with you as your personal guide to help you navigate through your healthcare options and ensure you have all of the resources available to help you make informed decisions. The services provided by the coordinator are offered at no charge.
Breast Care Coordinators:
- Serve as your advocate, educator, and partner at any stage in your breast health experience
- Work closely with you, your doctor, your family and other individuals who may be involved in your physical, psychological and spiritual health
- Answer questions about breast health, diagnostic tests, and treatment options
- Listen to your concerns
- Educate you on breast health
- Help you with referrals
- Advocate on your behalf
- Provide information and connect you with support groups, services and agencies
All Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, patients are our top priority! If you have comments, questions, or concerns about your procedure and/or the care you received, please let us know so that we may better serve you.
To learn more about the services of a Breast Care Coordinator, please check with the location of your choice.