Previous awards and recognitions
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is the recipient of the ECRI Institute’s Healthcare Supply Chain Achievement Award. The award honors organizations that demonstrate excellence in overall cost management and in adopting best practice solutions in supply chain processes. Wheaton is one of five health care organizations nationwide to be honored.
- For the 11th consecutive year, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare in Southeast Wisconsin has been named one of the top 100 most efficient, best performing health care networks in the nation, according to IMS (formerly SDI), the nation’s premier integrated health network (IHN) evaluation system. Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is ranked 32nd and is the top system in Southeast Wisconsin.
- Becker’s Hospital Review has named Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare one of the “61 Integrated Delivery Systems to Know.” The rating takes into consideration quality of care distinctions, such as HealthGrades ratings, as well as the level of integration as ranked by IMS (formerly SDI).
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare’s website, mywheaton.org, is a recipient of the 2012 Bronze Aster Award, 2012 Outstanding Achievement in Web Development award from the Web Marketing Association, and a 2012 eHealthcare Leadership Award.
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare was recognized by The Business Journal of Milwaukee as a Healthiest Employer in the large (1,000+ associates) category. Award winners will be featured in a special section and honored at an awards event in October. The Healthiest Employers Awards recognize Milwaukee-area firms and organizations for improving the quality of life for their workers.
- The Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital (MOSH) has been named a 2012 Summit Award® winner by Press Ganey. The Summit Award recognizes top-performing facilities that sustain the highest levels of patient satisfaction for three consecutive years. This award is one of the health care industry’s most coveted symbols of achievement. MOSH is one of only 13 facilities in the US to receive this award.
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Lakeshore Manor in Racine and Franciscan Woods in Brookfield were named Best Nursing Homes by U.S. News and World Report.
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – The Terrace at St. Francis in Milwaukee and Lakeshore Manor in Racine received the 2011-12 Excellence in Action award from the National Research Corporation. The award recognizes skilled nursing homes with outstanding resident satisfaction.
- Five Wheaton hospitals and two long-term care sites have been recognized for their recommitment to the Nurses Improving Care of Healthsystem Elders (NICHE) program. NICHE recognized sites include: Wheaton Franciscan - Elmbrook Memorial, St. Joseph, and The Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campuses, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – St. Francis and Franklin, Franciscan Woods and The Terrace at St. Francis. As recognized NICHE hospitals and facilities, clinical leaders are trained to recognize and prevent and/or treat health problems that impact the older adult. This includes education, program development and collaboration across care sites to improve practice in the care of this vulnerable population. It also incorporates the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), which engages trained volunteers and expert staff to provide delirium education and prevention. The recommitment process includes completing an annual membership profile and program self-evaluation.
- Jonathan Sohn, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, has been named a 2012 CFO of the Year award winner by The Business Journal of Milwaukee.
- Ken Buser, President of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – All Saints, is the 2012 recipient of the Wisconsin Hospital Association’s Distinguished Service Award for his service to the hospital, community, and to the Association.
- Ernest Colburn, Patient Care Supervisor at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus, is a recipient of the 2012 Milwaukee BizTimes Health Care Hero Award.
- Michelle Braun, PhD, Neuropsychologist with WFMG – All Saints, and Nicole Wells, Nurse Midwife with Wheaton Franciscan - St. Joseph Women's Outpatient Center, have been named Forty Under 40” by The Business Journal of Milwaukee.
- Mary Mazul, Certified Nurse Midwife at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Women’s Outpatient Center, is the 2012 recipient of the “Eliminating Racism and Empowering Women” Award from the YWCA.