All Day. All Night. All Better.
Patients who come to Urgent Care in Wauwatosa can expect a higher level of care than the typical urgent care service24 hours a days, 7 days a week.
The Urgent Care in Wauwatosa offers:
- Operating hours 24 hours a day, 7 days per week
- Full-service imaging (all imaging is not available 24/7)
- Specialty rooms such as cardiac rooms with advanced monitoring equipment; an Isolation room; a pediatric room with special equipment sized for children; an eye, ear, nose and throat room; a suture room; and an orthopedic room
- Staffed by Board-certified physicians specializing in urgent care
- Staffed by Registered Nurses with ACLS and PALS certification.
- Ability to admit directly to a hospital after communication with the primary care physician
As a department of Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph, the Urgent Care at the Wauwatosa Outpatient Center is monitored by the Joint Commission and its rigorous quality standards. Emergency Department co-pays may apply, depending on the level of service provided and patients’ insurance plans.
As some true emergencies present with relatively minor symptoms, the emergency physician is solely responsible for determining if your visit is at the level of Urgent Care or Emergency services.
Quick, expert care for medical problems, including but not limited to:
- Flu or cough/cold symptoms
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
- Muscle strain/sprain
- Mild fever
- Simple urinary tract infection
- Pink eye
- Repair to minor to moderately complex cuts/lacerations
- Drainage of minor abscesses and boils
- Splinter, nail, or other foreign body removals
- Mild/moderate aches and pains
- Many other medical problems
Our medical team is capable of evaluating more serious medical conditions, but continuation of care may require transfer to another emergency department or hospital. We have the ability to admit directly to a hospital after communication with your primary care physician.
Costs and billing
All treatment and triage decisions are made in the interest of providing the most appropriate care for our patients. The determination of an Emergency versus Urgent Care visit is based on the care prescribed by your provider. Any conditions requiring IV therapy or advanced imaging, such as a CT scan or ultrasound, are not eligible to be billed as Urgent Care services.
Urgent Care services are processed under your urgent care visit insurance benefit. Your bill will include both a facility charge from Wheaton Franciscan -Wauwatosa Campus and a bill from Emergency Medicine Specialists, SC, who provided your care (EMS billing office - 414-858-2200). You may also be billed separately for radiology services, some laboratory services and any consultants you see during your visit including radiologists, pathologists, anesthesiologists and others.
The cost savings in Urgent Care billing is reflected in the facility bill as a reduced charge and reduced co-pay. If you have a problem, we will work with you to try to correct the situation. Uninsured patients qualify for our 45% self-pay discount and may qualify for greater discounts under our Community Care Program.
Please note: Urgent Care offers advanced care over "Walk-In" care services. Urgent Care provided in the ED is typically more expensive than a non-hospital walk-in clinic visit or primary care physician office visit. If possible, contact your primary care physician for guidance and direction regarding mild, non-urgent and non-life threatening illnesses and injuries.
All patients have the right to be medically screened by an Emergency Department physician, regardless of the ability to pay and will not be turned away.
For more information
Please call us at (414) 259-7361.