Spirituality is integral to wellness of body, mind, and spirit. And the spiritual services team with Wheaton Franciscan – Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus is committed to providing our patients and families with the support they need on their journey of health and healing.
Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus spiritual services team
Our chaplains are from diverse faith traditions and respect the faith traditions of Wheaton Franciscan – Wisconsin Heart Hospital patients and families. We are sensitive to the many ways individuals and families approach spirituality when faced with life transitions. We also understand the impact that illness has on our patients and their families.
|Inspirational Quote of the Week
"Nine-tenths of wisdom is appreciation. Go find somebody's hand and squeeze it, while there's time."
- Dale Dauten
The on-call chaplain and spiritual services team offer:
- Caring, confidential, and comforting conversation and listening
- Comforting presence
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Communication with caregivers
- Facilitation of spiritual issues related to advanced directives and organ/tissue donation
- Facilitation of staff communication with families
- Grief support related to change, death, loss, or transition
- Education and training to our lay volunteers who provide spiritual care to the sick
- Spiritual assessment of patients
- Ritual, blessings, sacraments, and prayer
- Skillful facilitation in the face of ethical questions
- Worship services
Located off our main lobby/north atrium entrance, our meditation room offers a soothing environment to pray, collect thoughts, meditate, or “just be.” The room is open 24 hours a day. Resources for guided prayer or reflection are also available for you to use.
For more information on how Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus chaplains and spiritual services team can serve you, please call our chaplain office at (414) 778-7739.