Delivering Quality Care is Our Highest Priority
At Wheaton Franciscan – Wisconsin Heart Hospital Campus, delivering the highest quality care is our first priority. It is our Mission throughout Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare to deliver exceptional and compassionate care to every patient.
We are committed to always following best practices that save lives and reduce patient injuries. We are also committed to transparency in publicly reporting our quality outcomes. We welcome you to compare our quality results against national and state averages in four treatment areas – heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgery. These areas were selected by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for hospital quality comparisons because there are well-established national guidelines for the best ways to treat patients with these conditions.
Safety at Wisconsin Heart Hospital
Throughout the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare system, patient safety is a key part of our commitment to quality and a positive patient experience. We have many initiatives that focus on patient safety including:
- A multidisciplinary Patient Safety Council
- Full-time Patient Safety Coordinator
- Standardized colors for patient alert wristbands based on a best practice recommended by the American Hospital Association
- Conducting a pre-procedure verification process and performing a time-out before all surgical procedures
- Using bar code scanning for medication administration to reduce opportunity for errors
- Participate in patient safety initiatives
As a member of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, we participate in a number of state and national quality and safety reporting initiatives.
See these reports and to learn more about our quality and safety initiatives.