Visiting patients at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus
We encourage you to visit family and friends who are hospitalized at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus. In many cases, having company can be beneficial to the healing process and make a patient’s stay more comfortable.
We ask that you keep the following information in mind as you visit.
- Recommended visiting hours are 11 am – 8 pm daily.
- Please try to honor the suggested visiting hours to give all of our patients the quiet and rest they need for a speedy recovery.
- If you do arrive after 8 pm, please enter through our 2nd floor Skywalk Bridge or through the Emergency Department. You will be given a security bracelet that you must wear at all times.
- Visiting, however, may be limited due to the patient’s condition and physician’s recommendation. It’s important to allow adequate quiet time and rest for a quick recovery. Visitors should always respect the patient’s wishes while maintaining confidentiality, privacy, and security to others. Patients may decide who can and cannot visit. If you have concerns, please talk with the patient’s caregiver.
- To provide exceptional and compassionate health care to our patients, we ask that you do not visit if you have signs of an upper respiratory infection such as fever, runny nose, sore throat, or cough.
- If you’re here to visit a mom and newborn, visitation is unlimited and based on the patient’s wishes. Immediate family, grandparents, and children are welcome at all times, unless the condition of the mother or newborn requires limitation.
- Children are permitted to visit a friend or loved one. It is the responsibility of a family member to supervise children at all times. Any child with a contagious disease or obvious illness will not be allowed into patient units or to come into contact with a patient.
- Overnight visits are limited to one person. Visitors must wear a security bracelet at all times. Overnight visitors must be at least 18 years old.
- If you are a family member who wants to stay with a patient during hospitalization, we will provide guest accommodations based upon availability for a nominal fee. Reservations may be made by calling (414) 447-2113.
- Obstetrical patients who have been discharged and whose baby remains hospitalized may stay in the hospital as an “inn guest” as long as there is a room available. There is no charge for this service. Please discuss this option with the patient’s caregiver.
- Other than seeing eye dogs, a physician’s order is required for pet visitation.
- Please work with your caregiver to arrange a time for pet visitation. Pets are limited to dogs and cats, and they must be free of illness.
- For more information, please call (414) 447-2000.
Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus
5000 W. Chambers Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210