Living with a breathing problem is not easy. The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus can help. Our program specializes in the treatment of pulmonary issues in adults as a result of:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Lung surgery
- Occupational lung disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Any other chronic lung disease
Upon referral by your physician to the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program, we will meet with you to see how we can help. Medical research has found that pulmonary rehabilitation can help you:
- improve your energy levels
- be more active
- reduce breathlessness and other troublesome symptoms
- prevent hospitalizations
- learn about oxygen and other home equipment
- understand how medications, diet, airborne irritants and stress can all affect breathing
If you are hospitalized, we will visit you in your room to work on breathing exercises, physical exercises and education as you are able. Our work includes not only chronic pulmonary diseases, but also recuperation and recovery after surgeries in which your lung function may be diminished and needs to be improved.
If you need services on an outpatient basis, we will continue to work with you to monitor your condition and guide you along the path to improved lung function!
Our program team
Our expert staff includes respiratory therapists and consults from physical and occupational therapists, dietitians and behavioral therapists as needed. We will work under the direction of your physician and will consult with him/her if questions arise.
For more information
- To learn more about St. Joseph Campus pulmonary rehabilitation, please call (414) 447-2760.
- To schedule an outpatient pulmonary rehabilitation appointment for the St. Joseph program at Wheaton Franciscan – Wauwatosa Campus, please call (414) 456-3200 or (866) 960-9100.
- Find a pulmonologist who practices at Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph.