Wheaton Franciscan – St. Joseph Campus provides the following pulmonary testing services on an outpatient basis. We also offer these services if you are hospitalized and if these tests are appropriate for your specific condition and treatment plan:
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Pulse oximetry
- Pulmonary function testing
- Lung volume
- Methacoline challenge
- Spirometry, including use of bronchodilator
To schedule an outpatient pulmonary testing procedure, please call (414) 456-3200.
St. Joseph Campus Pulmonary Medicine
Respiratory care services are provided 24/7 in the emergency room, intensive care unit and acute care areas. Our critical care medicine physicians and clinical teams provide support through “bedside”:
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Placement of catheters into large central veins or arteries
- Thoracentesis - minimally invasive procedure to remove fluid between the lung and chest wall for testing to determine cause of fluid build-up
Our pulmonologists and surgeons also perform the following minimally invasive and traditionally invasive surgeries at St. Joseph:
For more information
- Bronchoscopy – test to view airways and detect lung disease – may be done through minimally invasive or traditional surgery. Procedure may also include a thoracotomy (surgery to remove lung tissue) or mediastinoscopy (scoping the area between the lungs)
- Tracheostomy - a minimally invasive surgical procedure to create an opening through the neck into the trachea
- Thoracotomy- traditional surgery to repair or remove lung tissue.
- Thoracoscopy – traditional surgery is surgery to repair or remove lung tissue.
- Thymectomy – surgery to remove the thymus, an organ associated with the immune system