St. Joseph Well-Equipped to Test Your Cardiovascular Health
Thanks to technology and advances in medical research, there are many ways that doctors can test, diagnose and treat heart and vascular conditions.
Wheaton Franciscan - St. Joseph Campus offers heart and vascular function testing and imaging services to help diagnose heart risk factors, identify conditions and determine appropriate health care options .
You can count on clinical excellence when you come to St. Joseph for these tests. We are accredited in:
- Adult transthoracic echocardiology by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories (ICAEL)
- Extracranial cerebrovascular testing, peripheral arterial testing and peripheral venous testing by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories (ICAVL)
- Myocardial perfusion imaging; quilibrium radionuclide angiography, general nuclear medicine, positron emission tomography by the Intersocietal Commission for Accreditation of Nuclear Laboratories (ICANL)
Cardiac testing services
- Lipo-protein profile (cholesterol testing)- helps determine risk of developing heart disease. Measures the amount of fat in your blood – HDL “good” cholesterol; LDL “bad” cholesterol; triglycerides, and total cholesterol.
- Cardiac enzyme – helps detect heart damage by the level of creatinine phospohkinase (CPK) or troponin (TinI) in the bloodstream.
- Prothrombin time – measures the time it takes for a clot to form in your blood; an essential test for those taking anticoagulants or “blood thinner” medication.
Cardiac imaging services
- Echocardiogram (ECHO)
- Nuclear monitoring
- Electrocardiograms (EKG)
- Event recorder
- Holter monitor (24 – 48 hour)
- Stress Tests
- Nuclear including MUGA scans, thallium scans
- Tilt table test
- Cardiac catheterization
Vascular testing services
- Chest X-ray
- CT scan
- CT heart scans (calcium scoring)
- Heart Magnetic Resonance Angiography (MRA)
- Heart Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Abdominal aorta ultrasound
- Carotid artery ultrasound
- Dialysis fistula imaging
- Graft surveillance
- Lower extremity arterial evaluation
- Renal artery/kidney duplex imaging
- Stent surveillance
- Upper extremity arterial evaluation, testing for Raynaud’s phenomenon or thoracic outlet syndrome
- Vein mapping for surgical procedures
- Venous duplex imaging - for deep vein thrombosis or varicose veins
Services are available through the St. Joseph Campus Heart Care Center or Radiology Department. Both are conveniently located on the main floor of the hospital.
For lab-based tests, our outpatient laboratory is located right across the hall from the heart care center.
For more information
To schedule an outpatient-based diagnostic test or imaging procedure, please contact our scheduling department: (414) 456-3200 or 1-866-960-9100. For more information about our services, please call our Heart Care Center at (414) 447-2238.