Your Special Nurse Program
This pre-conception through birth program is designed to give each mother-to-be and her loved ones an opportunity to fully and personally prepare for the birth of the newest family addition before his or her arrival.
When you sign up to participate in this free program, you’ll benefit from lots of attention and information about pregnancy and birth. Your assigned, “special” nurse will begin your relationship with an interview to develop your personalized plan for pregnancy.
Interested? Sign Up NOW!
- Information workbook for pregnancy planning. Encourages you to think about your readiness to embark on a new chapter in your life - starting a family!
- Assistance in finding a physician or certified nurse midwife who practices at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare
Private visits or phone calls with Your Special Nurse may include:
- Conversations about your pregnancy, questions and concerns
- Information on hospital services
- Arranging and taking a private tour of the Family Birth Center with your family
- Assistance in scheduling childbirth education classes
- Completion of pre-admission paperwork
- Review your birth plan and preferences
- Assistance in finding a family practice or pediatrician for your baby after its birth
After Your Child’s Birth
We will make sure you have everything you need to prepare for your first few days at home with your newborn. During a follow up phone call, we’ll make sure all is going well with you and your baby. We can also provide information on available support groups for the new mom and parenting classes.