Your spiritual wellness is important to us and is an integral facet to the way we care for the whole person – body, mind, and spirit.
Our ecumenical chaplaincy staff offers comfort and spiritual support to you and your family during your stay. We understand that being in the hospital can be stressful and often gives you time to think about family, friends, and significant experiences in your life. From the joyous birth of a baby to the anxiety of surgery, we know that chaplaincy services may be of benefit to you and your loved ones. We also respect the many faith traditions of our patients and understand the need for sensitivity as you face important decisions.
|Inspirational Quote of the Week
"True friends are those who, when you make a fool of yourself, don't believe that this condition is permanent."
- Erwin T. Randall
Our on-call chaplains are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Chaplains and the spiritual services team can provide:
St. Francis chapel
- Caring, confidential, and comforting conversation and listening
- Comforting presence
- Crisis intervention
- Emotional support
- Communication with caregivers
- Facilitation of spiritual issues related to advance directives and organ/tissue donation
- Facilitation of staff communication with families
- Grief support related to change, death, loss, or transition
- Education and training to our lay volunteers who provide spiritual care to the sick
- Spiritual assessment of patients
- Ritual, blessings, sacraments, and prayer
- Skillful facilitation in the face of ethical questions
- Worship services
Patients, families and friends are welcome in the 5th floor chapel for quiet reflection, meditation and prayer at any time. Mass is held every Thursday at 11:30 am.
For more information about our spiritual services, call (414) 647-5163.