The following information will help you prepare for your study:
What to bring to your sleep study
- Do not drink beverages containing alcohol or caffeine the night before your study.
- Do not take a nap on the day of your appointment.
- Continue to take all prescribed medication unless notified otherwise.
- Please shower on the day of your appointment and do not use creams, oils or sprays on your body or hair.
- Men should shave; however, men with beards do not have to shave them off.
- Fingernail polish must be removed from your index finger.
- Contact your insurance company to verify authorization
Bring comfortable bed clothes, personal toilet articles, medications and your own pillow if desired. You will be asked to complete a questionnaire that can be mailed in advance. Bring a snack and medication if you are a diabetic.
Our NEW location (effective November 30, 2012)
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – St. Francis Outpatient Center
Sleep Disorders Center, Suite 200
Enter building from 18th St. and Ohio Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53215
For more information
- For more information about your sleep study and other testing services or to schedule an appointment, call (414) 527-5000.
- Learn more about sleep disorders in our Health Library.