Your Partners in Breast Health
Our comprehensive team of breast health specialists and other professionals at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare include:
- Surgeons, specializing in breast disease, breast and reconstructive surgery
- Medical oncologists
- Oncology certified nurses
- Oncology dietitians
- Oncology genetic counselors
- Oncology patient navigators
- Oncology social workers
- Breast health nurses and coordinators
- Radiation oncologists
- Radiation therapists
- Radiation/Medical dosimetrists
- Radiation physicists
- Rehabilitation therapists
- Spiritual services
In addition to a team that includes some of the area’s most highly regarded physicians, surgeons and medical professionals, you'll work with a breast health nurse one-on-one to discuss your breast health concerns.
Oncology Patient Navigators
If you are faced with a breast cancer diagnosis, our oncology patient navigators (OPNs) have specialized training and expertise in matters of breast health. They’ll guide you through the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease and help with best options and approaches.
Watch this video to learn more about oncology patient at Wheaton.
Breast Care Coordinators
If you have a breast health concern, including breast cancer, you do not have to go through the process alone. We offer breast care coordinators who are nurse specialists with advanced training and expertise in breast health.
Breast care coordinators can assist you in making well-informed decisions about your care. They are your personal guides to help you navigate through your health care options and ensure you have all of the resources available to help you make informed choices. The services are provided by the coordinator at no charge.
Our coordinators will:
- Serve as your advocate, educator and partner at any stage in your breast health experience
- Work closely with you, your doctor, your family and other individuals who may be involved in your physical, psychological and spiritual health
- Answer questions about breast health, diagnostic tests and treatment options
- Listen to your concerns
- Help you with referrals
- Connect you with support groups, services and agencies