Urology is a surgical specialty that deals with diseases of the male and female urinary tract and the male reproductive organs. Using state-of-the-art techniques and equipment, our urologists offer hope to those of all ages suffering from any urologic condition, from the simplest problem to the most complex.
Urinary conditions and diseases affect both men and women. Problems in the urinary system may include conditions such as kidney failure, urinary tract infections, kidney stones, prostate enlargement and bladder control problems.
Conditions We Treat
Among the many conditions we treat successfully on a regular basis are:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Kidney stones
- Bladder stones
- Pelvic floor disorders, including pelvic prolapse
- Genitourinary tract conditions
- Hypogonadism (low testosterone)
- Erectile dysfunction
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
Signs & Symptoms
Common Causes of Urinary Dysfunction
- Complications following pelvic surgery
- Injuries to the pelvic region or spinal cord
- Neurological diseases
- Degenerative changes associated with aging
- A result of pregnancy or childbirth
Using the latest technologies in surgical care and medical treatment, we are able to diagnose and treat nearly all urological issues.
- Medical management
- Outpatient procedures
- Traditional surgical techniques
- Minimally invasive procedures. Minimally invasive surgery offers a number of advantages, including smaller incisions, quicker recovery time, fewer days in the hospital and successful outcomes.
- Office procedures. Several common procedures and tests can be done right in our office, including:
- Office cystoscopy
- Prostate biopsy
- Microwave vaporization of the prostate
- Uroflow measurement
- Bladder volume ultrasound
Continence & Pelvic Floor Health Clinics
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare’s Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation Clinics offer a wide variety of multi-disciplinary, state-of-the-art treatments to address incontinence problems and pelvic floor dysfunction. Our goal is to help you improve control of your bladder and bowel functions (including urge, stress and leakage) and to reduce pelvic floor pain.
Robotic Prostate Surgery
Men are finding robotic prostatectomies at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare offer a speedier recover and better results than traditional prostate surgery.