The mission of an organization defines its reason for existence, reveals its nature, and expresses the organization’s commitment and aim. The ministries of the Wheaton Franciscan system have such a mission. Every member organization in the System has a role in carrying out this mission and each individual associate, physician, volunteer, board member and leader is dedicated to making the mission statement a reality within his or her organization.
Health Care Mission
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare is committed to living out the healing ministry of Jesus by providing exceptional and compassionate health care service that promotes the dignity and well being of the people we serve.
Health Care Vision
Our health ministries will be recognized in each community we serve for superior and compassionate patient service, clinical excellence, as the health care employer of choice, and the preferred partner of physicians.
I have done what was mine to do, pray Christ teach you what is yours to do.
-St. Francis of Assisi
Our Values, which flow from our Mission and Catholic tradition, must have meaning for every one of us. Through them we put the healing ministry of Jesus into practice throughout the Wheaton Franciscan system. The following are behaviors that are expected of all associates, physicians, volunteers, and anyone else acting on behalf of the organization. We hope these behaviors will influence for the better every person whose life we touch.
– We value each person as sacred, created in the image and likeness of God, which gives worth and meaning to each person's life.
– We value honesty and words and actions that build trust.
– We value personal and professional growth that combines the physical, emotional, spiritual, and relational aspects of life and work.
– We value superior performance in our work and service.
– We value our responsibility to use human, financial, and natural resources entrusted to us for the common good, with special concern for those who are poor.