Here’s how you can use your time and talents to do some good.
Volunteering at Franklin
To volunteer at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Franklin, you don’t need special skills or expertise. You just need enthusiasm and a willingness to help others. Volunteers are an important part of the personality of Franklin, and they contribute to the success of our hospital and its high-quality, compassionate patient care. Most volunteers give one four-hour shift per week, but we’re flexible. The minimum age requirement is 16 years old. Consideration will be given to students, 14 – 15 years old, if availability permits.
We’ll match your skills, background, and desires with the greatest area of need. With so many opportunities, you’re sure to find the one that’s right for you.
Here are the types of volunteer activities that are available to you at Franklin:
- Escort patients, deliver items, and run errands throughout the hospital
- Greet patients at the information desk
- Assist in the nursing units
- Work in the hospital gift shop, which is open daily
- Provide on-going clerical assistance in various departments and on special projects
- Volunteer for the Hospital Elder Life Program (HELP), a special program to provide one-on-one assistance for elderly patients
- Sort and distribute mail
- Help with the daily distribution of communion as a specially-trained Eucharistic minister
Benefits of volunteering at Franklin
We value our volunteers for their many hours of service, and this is how we show our appreciation:
- Complementary meal tickets
- Christmas meal
- Free, on-site flu shot
- Annual recognition luncheon
- 10% discount for the gift shop
- On-site retail pharmacy discounts
- Free enrollment in on-site classes
- On-going training and volunteer in-services
Become a volunteer
Learn more about the benefits of volunteering at Franklin. Call Volunteer Services at (414) 325-3889.