Franklin Hospital Helps Keep Seniors Healthy and Active
When you lead a busy life, convenience is important. If you need treatment for a medical issue or condition so you can keep up with that busy life, expertise matters. At Franklin, we have a team of medical experts that are experienced and comfortable in dealing with the unique needs of the mature adult.
The first step is finding a physician you trust. As you age, medical concerns may become more frequent and complex, from arthritis and osteoporosis to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. Whether you need more frequent visits to your primary care provider or a referral to a specialist, Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group can meet your needs.
We also offer the following services to provide you with peace of mind and personal security:
If hospitalization is required
- Geriatric Care – doctors who are experts at diagnosing, treating and managing diseases and conditions related to the aging process.
- Geriatric Medicine Specialty Services – assessing problems, developing individualized treatment plans and working with your primary care physician
- On-Site Geriatric Medicine - community-based care provided by geriatricians in senior living facilities located throughout metro Milwaukee.
- Advance Directives - documents that spell out your health care wishes in case you can’t.
- Wheaton Alert – a personal emergency response system that provides peace of mind with instant access to help in an emergency.
Franklin offers a continuum of care to seniors, including individual therapy, case management, and inpatient care. Much of our inpatient care is provided by Hospitalists, physicians who specialize in the care of hospitalized patients. Our Hospitalists, nursing and support staff are very familiar and experienced with the physical, emotional and psychological changes that may occur with older patients in an inpatient setting. Our medical and surgical units are all designed with senior health in mind. Patient and family communication is a top priority. Social work services (case management) are provided to ensure that care is continued after discharge.
Senior programs for fun and education
To help you enjoy this special time of life, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare offers several programs that provide health and wellness information, stimulate interests, and highlight opportunities for activity and quality of life:
Wheaton Franciscan Senior Care
4300 W. Brown Deer Rd
Brown Deer, WI 53223