Find Lasting Relief for Ear, Nose, Throat & Sinus Problems
Coughing? Sneezing and wheezing? You’re not alone. Millions of Americans suffer from sinus-related problems. If you’ve been unable to find long-term relief for your sinus pain or other ear, nose and throat problems, our team of experts is here to help.
Our board certified otolaryngolists - more commonly called ENTs (Ear, Nose and Throat doctors) - are leaders in the medical and surgical treatment of sinus, ear, nose and throat problems. As experts, they are all highly skilled and trained to diagnose, treat and manage symptoms in both adults and children. Using the latest technology and treatments, we provide you with the highest level of care and successful outcomes. When you come to us for care, we’ll offer you a wide variety of treatment options best suited to you and your symptoms.
Common ear, nose and throat conditions treated at Franklin
- Acute and chronic sinus infections
- Asthma-associated sinus disease
- Blocked nasal passages
- Deviated septum and nasal obstruction
- Fungal infections of the sinuses
- Nasal polyps
- Post-nasal drip
- Sinus headache
- Tumors of the nose and sinuses
Latest treatments and technologies for sinus relief
Most sinus-related diseases can be treated with medicines. If surgery is required, we are leaders in innovative and minimally invasive procedures, including:
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) - FESS is a minimally invasive technique performed under the magnification of a small telescopic endoscope to remove diseased tissue and open the sinuses to allow them to drain more naturally. New techniques employed in FESS make this procedure much less invasive than it was even five years ago. Nasal packing is rarely used and most patients are able to return to work or school in 48 hours.
- Coblation Procedure - Tonsil removal and nasal obstruction can be treated with coblation (cold ablation) technology. Surgery using coblation technology creates virtually no heat which equals decreased pain and scarring. Nasal packing is no longer routinely used.
Treatment of ear, throat and voice problems
Our ENT physicians can treat an extensive array of ear, nose, throat and voice issues, including:
- chronic ear problems and infections
- hearing loss
- hyper nasal speech
- nasal deformities and obstruction
For voice and swallowing issues, ENTs - along with neurologists, speech-language pathologists and other caring experts - have the skill and experience to provide optimal care.
For more information
- Visit our Find a Doctor directory to find an ENT who practices at Franklin or call Wheaton Direct at 1-888-994-3286.