Franciscan Woods, a member of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, is a 120-bed facility located on the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Elmbrook Memorial Campus in Brookfield, Wisconsin. As part of a medical campus, Franciscan Woods is unique in its ability to offer patients and residents comprehensive and coordinated care so that all medical needs are met.
The Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare difference
Because Franciscan Woods is a part of the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare system, we offer the special benefit of close partnership with our hospitals and other Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare services. Through enhanced communication, we are ready to care for our patients before they are transferred to our facility, increasing the speed of their recovery. Our multidisciplinary approach brings the best minds and resources together, including physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, recreational therapists, registered dieticians, masters prepared socials workers and discharge planners, registered and licensed nurses, certified nursing assistants and other ancillary staff. The patient’s doctor is involved every step of the way. Patients and their loved ones are valued members of the patient care team and are actively involved in the decision-making process.
- Rehabilitation (physical, occupational and speech therapy)
- Restorative nursing
- Post-surgical care
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Continence management care
- Complex medical care
- Comfort care/end of life care
- Extended care
- Staff Psychiatrist and Psychologist
- Social Services
- Geriatric Care
- Resident Council
- Therapeutic Recreation and Community Outings
- Private and semi-private rooms with individually controlled heat and air conditioning
- Self-select menus and intimate dining
- Chef-prepared table side meals
- In-house therapy
- Whirlpool tubs
- Spiritual care services and an on-call chaplain
- Social and cultural activities
- Laundry and daily housekeeping
- Beauty and barber services
- Pharmacy services
- Dental, podiatry, and optometry services
- Secured and alarmed doors
- Beautiful patios
- Wireless Internet access
- Library and computer lounge with Skype™
- Recommended visiting hours are 10 am – 8 pm. Visitors are welcome at other times as well, but family and friends are asked to check with the nurse.
- Visitor meals are available within the facility for purchase with 24-hour notice or at the Elmbrook Memorial Hospital cafeteria.
- A gift shop is located on the 3rd floor near the main entrance. Gift items, beverages, and snacks are available for purchase.
- This is a smoke- and tobacco-free facility. This includes buildings, parking lots, structures, and in any vehicles parked on the grounds.
- Wireless Internet access is available for your convenience.
- Combined Decongestive Therapy including Manual Lymph Drainage TM massage (Vodder/Norton certified for Lymphedema)
- Certified Hand Therapists
- Certification for Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Vital Stim certification (e-stim for swallowing)
- Certified Manual therapists
- OTR, BCB, BCB-PMD Occupational therapist, biofeedback certified, biofeedback certified pelvic muscle dysfunction
- LSVT Big/Loud certified (neurological, specifically for Parkinson's but can be used with all neuro patients)
- NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders) certification
- CRRN – certified rehabilitation registered nurse
- GNP – geriatric nurse practitioner
Are you a teenager, retired adult, parent, college student or someone looking to find a way to give back? Franciscan Woods provides exceptional patient care and is looking for volunteers just like you! Consider becoming a volunteer at Franciscan Woods. Volunteers bring warmth, kindness and compassion to people in need and work side by side with Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare staff members, living out our Mission of providing excellent and compassionate health care. Many different opportunities are available including working directly with patients or carrying out duties that contribute to their comfort and well-being. Training is provided by qualified, experienced personnel. Call Jennifer Thomas at 262-780-3112 for more information on how to become a volunteer at Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare- Franciscan Woods.
If you’d like to learn more, please read our patient guide.
Located on the Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare – Elmbrook Memorial Campus
19525 W. North Avenue
Brookfield, WI 53045
Map & Directions
View Larger Map