Special Nurse Program Helps Mothers Plan and Design Their Pregnancies
We believe that each pregnancy is wonderful and a special time of life for women to remember and cherish. It’s a time of dreams and optimism; of a beautiful process of life and development. It’s also a time to ensure a healthy pregnancy and delivery process for both mother and child. To help get the most of every moment of pregnancy, we offer our each mom-to-be a “Special Nurse”.
This pre-conception through birth program is designed to give each mother-to-be and her loved ones an opportunity to fully and personally prepare for the birth of the newest family member before his or her arrival.
When you sign up to participate in this free program, you’ll benefit from lots of attention and information about pregnancy and birth. Your assigned “special” nurse will begin your relationship with an interview to develop your personalized plan for pregnancy. This nurse will be your resource during the course of your pregnancy to provide helpful information, tips and suggestions.
Interested? Sign Up Now!
For questions and concerns that may arise about how best to become pregnant, we offer guidance on what to consider and helpful tips and suggestions.
- Information workbook for pregnancy planning. Encourages you to think about your readiness to embark on a new chapter in your life - starting a family!
- Assistance in finding an OB/GYN physician who practices and delivers at Elmbrook Memorial or another Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare facility
Private visits or phone calls with Your Special Nurse may include:
- Conversations about your pregnancy, questions and concerns
- Information on hospital services
- Arranging and taking a private tour of our Family Birth Center with your family
- Assistance in scheduling childbirth education classes
- Completion of pre-admission paperwork
- Review of your birth plan and preferences
- Assistance in finding a family practice or pediatrician for your baby after his/her birth
After your child’s birth
We will make sure you have everything you need to prepare for your first few days at home with your newborn. During a follow up phone call, we’ll make sure all is going well with you and your baby. We can also provide information on available support groups for the new mom and parenting classes.
Our “Special Nurse” program has helped hundreds of women get the most out of their pregnancy and birthing experience.
Sign up now!