As the leader in providing the most Athletic Training coverage in Southeastern Wisconsin, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare offers a complete range of sports medicine services to help students prevent injury and improve performance. Our sports medicine team of physicians, athletic trainers and physical therapists collaborate to ensure proper prevention, treatment and healing.
Enhancing performance, preventing injuries
The role of the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training staff is to educate athletes about injury prevention, watch for unsafe situations, and administer pre-game taping and precautionary measures. If an injury does occur, this team of qualified professionals will evaluate, provide first aid and manage follow-up care. They also discuss the injury with the athlete's parents and coach.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare provides Sports Medicine/Athletic Training services to many area schools, offering coverage for sporting events, special events, summer school and daily training sessions. At these schools, a full-time, certified, licensed athletic trainer is available during practices and games and offer daily training-room hours for students and faculty. Physicians staff sporting events and provide timely intervention and follow-up care.
On and off the field, our physicians, trainers, and therapists work as a team to help your players stay in action.
Milwaukee Metro Area:
- Brookfield Academy
- Brookfield East High School
- Athletic Trainer – Joe Cieszynski
- Team Physician(s) – Dr. Brian McCarty and Dr. Randal Vosters
- Brookfield Central High School
- Brown Deer High School
- Franklin High School
- Greendale High School
- Greenfield High School
- Martin Luther High School
- Marquette University High School
- Shorewood High School
- St. Francis High School
- St. Thomas More High School
- University School of Milwaukee
- Wauwatosa East High School
- West Allis Nathan Hale High School
- Whitefish Bay Dominican High School
- Whitnall High School
** Team physicians at Racine County schools are not assigned to specific schools, but rotate throughout.
- Racine Horlick High School
- Athletic Trainer – Matt Barber
- J.I. Case High School
- Athletic Trainer – Kate Haman
- Racine Park High School
- Athletic Trainer - Christy Purpero
- Racine Lutheran High School
- Athletic Trainer – Tim Risler
- St. Catherine High School
- Athletic Trainer – Lynn Swindall
- Union Grove Union High School
- Athletic Trainer – Jessica Geisler