Elmbrook Memorial awards and recognition
Elmbrook Memorial Campus, a member of Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare, holds many awards, accreditations, and national recognitions. This is made possible by a strong commitment to excellence embraced by all who work, volunteer, and serve at our hospital.
Elmbrook Memorial accreditations
- Fully accredited by the Joint Commission
- Accredited Breast Center of Excellence
- Accredited Bariatric Center of Excellence since 2005
- Accredited Baby Friendly ™ Hospital
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
Elmbrook Memorial patient satisfaction
- Offering patients more options in robotic surgery and more skilled surgeons performing them
- Offering patients more minimally invasive surgical options for prostate, gynecologic, urologic, and gastrointestinal surgeries
- Meeting and exceeding national standards to ensure the best possible outcomes
- Premier obstetric services that are routinely in the top 10% nationally for patient satisfaction
- Specializing in family-centered care
- Outstanding emergency services that are routinely in the top 10% nationally for patient satisfaction
Elmbrook Memorial clinical excellence awards
Elmbrook Memorial is nationally recognized for its consistent level of clinical excellence by HealthGrades®
- 2009 #1 Hospital in Wisconsin for Surgery
- 2010 Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence
- Recipient of Prostatectomy Excellence AwardTM 2011
- Rated Top 10 in Wisconsin for Orthopedics 2005 – 2010
- Rated Top 10 in Wisconsin for General Surgery 2008 – 2011
- Rated Top 10 in Wisconsin for GI Care 2007 – 2010
- Rated Top 10 in Wisconsin for Overall Pulmonary Services 2011
- Rated Top 5% in nation for Prostatectomy Care 2011
- 5-star rated for Joint Replacement 2007 – 2010
- 5-star rated for Total Knee 2007 – 2010
- 5-star rated for Prostatectomy 2011
- 5-star rated for Treatment of Stroke 2010 – 2011
- 5-star rated for Treatment of Pneumonia 2010 – 2011
- 5-star rated for Treatment of Appendectomy 2008 – 2011
HealthGrades® is the leading health care ratings organization, providing ratings and profiles of hospitals, nursing homes, and physicians to consumers, corporations, health plans, and hospitals. To learn more go to: www.HealthGrades.com
What does it means to be a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence?
| “This esteemed distinction is the result of Elmbrook Memorial’s medical staff and associates’ commitment to clinical excellence and service to people. Their contributions to high quality patient care and outcomes are second to none and have earned them this honor.”
- Deb Standridge, President, WF – Elmbrook Memorial Campus
- To achieve the honor of being a Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence, a hospital must rank at or above the top 5% nationally for three consistent years in all 26 of the most common surgical procedures and diagnoses reviewed by HealthGrades®.
- Compared to 5,000 other hospitals, Elmbrook Memorial consistently produced patient outcomes above the national average to a statistically significant degree.
- Elmbrook Memorial was only one of four hospitals in Wisconsin in 2010 to achieve this high level of clinical excellence and one of only 269 nationally.
- Patients treated at a hospital receiving the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical ExcellenceTM are, on average, 29% less likely to face in-hospital mortality and 9% less likely to suffer from an in-hospital complication than those treated at other hospitals.
- Staff at hospitals receiving the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical ExcellenceTM consistently perform better across all procedures and diagnoses studied. This means less mortality and fewer post-operative complications. In short: Better Quality Outcomes.