Tips for Your Next Career Fair
- Prepare a brief 30-second introduction of yourself to give to employers. Include: Your name, your career status and what type of position(s) you are seeking.
- Bring copies of your CV to provide to representatives of opportunities in which you are truly interested.
- Attend one to two years prior to completion of your program to get an idea of what’s out there and get to know recruiters in the geographic areas in which you’re interested.
During the Career Fair
- Make eye contact and listen attentively.
- Be confident and shake hands firmly.
- Ask questions about the company to maximize your time spent at the Career Fair.
- Gather business cards from everyone you speak with so that you can follow up.
After the Career Fair
- Confirm your interest and enthusiasm for the company.
- Highlight your skills and assets that you feel would most benefit the company.
- Inquire about the next step in the selection process.
- Include your contact information.
Attend an upcoming career fair or conference.