Wound Healing Services Offer Hope for Full Recovery
Wound healing can be a complex medical problem requiring specialized treatment and care. At All Saints, our certified medical specialists can help with acute and chronic sores and wounds. We partner with Clinical Dietetics, Infection Disease and Rehabilitation Services to provide a multidisciplinary team approach to wound care.
The wound treatment process
Many factors may can compromise the body’s normal healing process and can lead to skin irritation and wound development:
- chronic diseases such as diabetes
- vascular disease
- pressure sores
- repeated re-injury and swelling
- inability to control bladder and bowel function
Here’s how your treatment process works:
- At your first visit, your wound is assessed and other factors are explored that may affect the wound healing process, such as infection, disease or other issues.
- Our multidisciplinary team then develops a treatment plan that is tailored to meet your individual wound care needs.
- We communicate frequently with your primary care and specialty doctors to ensure that care is well-coordinated.
- Photographic monitoring may be used to continuously assess the wound healing progress.
- You will be provided with self-care education, discharge planning and support services that continue the healing process at home.
- Pressure relief and compression therapy to relieve excessive pressure or fluid build-up
- Infection management, including identification of causes and treatment of infection
- Local wound care to keep the wound clean, appropriately dressed and free of dead tissue or foreign material
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (you will be referred to other Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare locations for this care)
- Nutritional support
The Wound Care program is located at Wheaton Franciscan Medical Group – Atrium Medical Offices on the Spring Street Campus
For more information
- Call (262) 687-5850 for more information on All Saints Wound Care program in Racine..