As the leader in providing the most Athletic Training coverage in Southeastern Wisconsin, Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare offers a complete range of sports medicine services to help students prevent injury and improve performance. Our sports medicine team of physicians, athletic trainers and physical therapists collaborate to ensure proper prevention, treatment and healing.
Enhancing performance, preventing injuries
||The role of the Sports Medicine/Athletic Training staff is to educate athletes about injury prevention, watch for unsafe situations, and administer pre-game taping and precautionary measures.
If an injury does occur, this team of qualified professionals will evaluate, provide first aid and manage follow-up care. They also discuss the injury with the athlete's parents and coach.
Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare provides Sports Medicine/Athletic Training services to many area schools, offering coverage for sporting events, special events, summer school and daily training sessions. At these schools, a full-time, certified, licensed athletic trainer is available during practices and games and offer daily training-room hours for students and faculty. Physicians staff sporting events and provide timely intervention and follow-up care.
On and off the field, our physicians, trainers, and therapists work as a team to help your players stay in action.
Current school partners
- Racine Horlick High School
- J.I. Case High School
- Racine Park High School
- Racine Lutheran High School
- St. Catherine High School
- Union Grove Union High School
Milwaukee Metro Area
- Brookfield East High School
- Athletic Trainer – Joe Cieszynski
- Team Physician(s) – Dr. Brian McCarty and Dr. Randal Vosters
- Brookfield Central High School
- Brown Deer High School
- Greendale High School
- Greenfield High School
- Marquette University High School
- Shorewood High School
- Athletic Trainer – Bethany Shaw
- Team Physician – Dr. Brian Law
- St. Francis High School
- St. Thomas More High School
- Athletic Trainer – Shannon Mortimer
- Team Physician – Dr. Michael Khazzam
- Wauwatosa East High School
- West Allis Nathan Hale High School
- Whitefish Bay Dominican High School
- Whitnall High School